Building B, Shenglong Erqi Center,
Xinghua South Street, Erqi District,
Zhengzhou, Henan Province, China
Liya :+86 18703805381
Color coated steel coil is a promising investment project. It can be easily processed into different products for further use, such as roofing sheets, or home appliance panels. For large projects or investors, buying pre-painted coils in bulk will be a cost-effective choice. At Wanzhi Steel, the pre-painted is available with hot/cold rolled steel, galvanized, and galvalume steel. Also, it is available in a wide variety of colors, finishes, and sizes. Welcome to contact us for more details!
Wanzhi Steel is one of the leading pre-painted steel coil suppliers in China, which is an industry and trade company. We have several color coating lines with an annual output of 500,000 tons. Besides, you can choose colors according to the RAL color card or custom patterns, glossy or matt surface, embossed or smooth, etc. More than that, we will offer a factory-sale price and great discounts for bulk orders. Below are more parameters for your reference.
|Item||Color Coated Steel Coil|
|Substrate||HR, CR, GI, GL|
|Thickness||0.12 mm-1.2 mm|
|Width||600 mm-1,250 mm|
|Coil Weight||3-5 tons (can be customized)|
|Coatings||PE, SMP, HDP, PVDF|
|Paint Thickness||Top: 10-35 μm Back: 5-14 μm|
|Colors||As per RAL Color (custom patterns are available)|
|Package||Standard Export Package|
According to the base metal, there are different types of pre-painted steel coils.
1. Cold Rolled Steel Color Coil
It is with cold rolled steel as the base metal. This kind of color coated steel is made of non-coated material. It is easy to rust when the air and water go through the organic coating, and it is easy to spread after scratches and cause the coating to peel off. So it has a short service life. But it will be much cheaper.
2. Color Coated Galvanized Coil (PPGI Coil)
It uses galvanized steel as base metal, including hot-dip galvanized sheets and electro-galvanized sheets. It is the most popular type of color coated steel, especially using hot-dip galvanized steel as the base material. This kind of steel coil is protected by zinc layer and organic coatings to prevent rusting. Because the zinc layer of the electro-galvanized sheet is thin, it is not suitable for outdoor uses. But because of its smooth surface and beautiful appearance, it is popular in interior decoration, steel furniture, home appliances, etc.
3. Colour Coated Galvalume Coil (PPGL Coil)
Obviously, this kind of color coated steel coil uses galvalume steel as the substrate. It features excellent corrosion and heat resistance. And its heat reflectivity is greater than 0.75, which is an ideal building material.
When purchasing color coated coil, you need to decide on the base metal first according to the use purpose and your budget. You can contact us for more details.
According to our sales data, the hot-selling colors for pre-painted coil include cement grey (RAL 7033), signal blue (RAL 5005), traffic red (RAL 3020), moss green (RAL 6005), colza yellow (RAL 1021), wine red (RAL 3005), etc. While pattern coils are very popular for ceiling, door, or interior decoration. It all depends on your needs and preference. If you want other colors or patterns, please contact us for a custom design.
Note: The actual color may differ slightly due to the different coating materials, light, etc. But we promise to use the paint as agreed upon in the contract.
Pre-painted steel coils can be slit, sheared, and profiled for different uses, for example,
1. Construction, for example, roofing, interior, and exterior wall panel, ceiling, partitioning walls, etc.
2. Transportation, such as decorative panels of cars, trains or ships, containers, etc.
3. Home Appliances, mainly used to make shells of refrigerators, washing machines, air conditioners, etc.
4. Furniture, like wardrobe, locker, radiator, lampshade, table, bed, bookcase, shelf, etc.
5. Other Industries, such as roller shutters, advertising boards, traffic signboards, elevators, whiteboards, etc.
Considering its flexible uses and good formability, it is profitable to invest in pre-painted steel coils.
As an emerging material, colour coated sheet is very popular in our life. But it is a kind of material, which makes it a great investment project. Let’s review its features.
Compared to color coated steel sheets, coils are easier to transport. In this way, it will save your shipping cost. Besides, the color coated steel coil price is cheaper.
As a kind of material, the color coated coil has features of light in weight, beautiful appearance, and good processability. That’s why it is popular in many areas. Its wide usage and cheap price make it promising to invest in.
Due to the good formality, it is easy to shear, or shape the color steel coils according to different applications. You may just need less equipment and simple operation. While it is cheaper than end products. For large projects, it will greatly lower your investment cost.
Because of its excellent corrosion resistance of galvanized steel or galvalume steel, prepainted steel coil and the products made of color-coated steel require less maintenance. For investors, you will never worry about after-sales problems. While for users, it is a cost-effective choice.
Colour coated sheet coil is good for the environment. For example, there is no need to undermine if using color coated steel as building materials, which is good for the environment. Even the used color coated steel can be reused.
The coating process is the process by which a steel coil is coated continuously. The steel coil will go through uncoiling, welding, press rolling, inlet looping, pre-treatment (including chemical degreasing and chemical conversion), primer coating, drying, cooling, finish coating, drying, cooling, outlet looping, and coiling. Below is a flow chart for your reference.
Through the coating process, both sides of the steel coil are coated twice. Generally, the back coating thickness is 5-14 μm and the top one is 11-35 μm, which can be customized according to your needs. Below is a picture showing the coating structure.
The colour coated coil rate starts from $500 to $1,100 per ton on the market. In fact, the color coated steel coil price is influenced by many factors, such as the substrate, thickness, color, paints, the thickness of the painting, printed pattern, painting methods, etc. We suggest choosing the one that suits your needs and budget the best, rather than the price.
According to the substrate, there are 3 kinds of color-coated steel coils to choose from, namely, cold-rolled steel (CR), galvanized steel (GI), and Al-Zn-coated steel (GL). Among them, CR is the cheapest one, but its corrosion resistance is not as good as that of GI or GL. Commonly, it is often used as an interior lining panel, lamp, etc. While PPGL is expensive, it is a great building material because of its great corrosion resistance and reflectivity. Below is a video for your reference.
The commonly-used coatings include polyester (PE), silicone modified polyester (SMP), high durability polyester (HDP), and polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF). PVDF is more expensive than others, while its physical properties are also much better. Also, it is suggested to choose the paint according to the different use environments.
|Items||Cost||Durability||Colors||Film Integrity||UV Resistance||Chalking Resistance||Dirt Resistance|
|HDP||Medium||Very Good||Rich||Good||Very Good||Very Good||Good|
1. Paint the top surface twice, and the back surface once. Bake twice. The single-layer back paint has poor resistance to corrosion and scratch, but it has good adhesion. So it is ideal for sandwich panels.
2. Both the top and back sides are painted twice and baked once. The back paint has good corrosion and scratch resistance and good adhesion. Therefore, it is suitable for single-layer corrugated sheets and sandwich panels.
3. Paint the upper and lower surfaces twice and bake twice. It has great resistance to corrosion and scratch and good workability, but poor adhesion. So this kind of steel coil is used for corrugated sheets, but is not suitable for sandwich panels.
You can choose painting structure and painting types according to the uses of the color coated steel coil. If you want more details, please let us know.
There are many factors to consider before purchase, such as the substrate, coating, thickness, cost, etc. Below are some tips for your reference.
The first thing is to take the corrosion of the use environment into consideration, such as the snow load capacity, corrosive factors, etc. It matters how to choose the substrate, thickness, coating, paint structure, etc. So inform us where and what you will use the color coated coil for, and our professional sales team will offer suitable options.
There are many color-coated steel coils on the market. Some are very cheap. But you need to pay more attention to the quality rather than the price. If possible, you can ask for samples for reference or visit the factory on-site.
You need to make the best choice according to your budget. For the other thing, it is important to compare the price to get the most cost-effective solution. Welcome to contact us for a price list!
Service is also very important. You need to choose the pre-painted steel coil suppliers who offer great service, such as product warranty, after-sales system, etc. Taking Wanzhi Steel for example, we have a full service system with professional engineers and multilingual consultants to serve you 24*7 hours a week.
Wanzhi Steel is one of the leading pre-painted steel coil suppliers in China. We have a wide variety of color coated coils for sale, such as red, blue, grey, green, etc. The thickness availability is from 0.12 mm to 1.2 mm and the width availability is from 600 mm to 1,250 mm. Besides, we offer custom solutions to meet special requirements. More than that, we will offer discounts for bulk orders. Welcome to contact us for sample products or come to visit us on-site!
1. Confirm the base metal, mainly including GI and GL, as well as the zinc or Al-Zn coating thickness; cold rolled color coated steel is not recommended.
2. Choose the coating types and the coating thickness, generally 10/5 μm (top/back). The common paints are PE (7-8 years service life), SMP (10-12 years), HDP (15+ years), PVDF (20+ years); And the top and back paints can be different. Moreover, we commonly adopt twice painting for double sides. If you have special requirements, please let us know.
3. Determine the color or pattern, surface (smooth or embossed, matte or glossy, etc.), specifications (including width, length, thickness, coil weight, etc.);
4. Inform us of the order quantity. The MOQ is 5 tons. But considering the shipping cost, 25 tons (a full container) will be better.
5. Please leave us your other requirements, such as packaging, samples, surface treatment (such as oiling, passivation, etc.), and more.
6. It is available to visit our factory and office online or on-site. Also, we will offer free samples if you need them.
So if you have any questions, please contact us. We will get you back in 12 hours. You can also call us directly for more details.
More information?Get Latest Price Here