10F, Building B, Erqi Center, Erqi District,
Zhengzhou City, Henan Province, China
SuperDyma steel is a new type of highly corrosion-resistant coated steel plate. Its coating mainly consists of zinc, 11% aluminium, 3% magnesium and a trace amount of silicon. So it is also known as zinc magnesium aluminium coated steel (ZAM steel). This kind of material has multiple excellent properties, such as super corrosion resistance, good scratch resistance and excellent chemical resistance. Therefore, it is a perfect material for harsh environments such as seaside buildings, chemical plants, animal husbandry pens, etc. At Wanzhi Steel, the available thickness range is 0.3mm to 2.5mm, and the width range is 600mm to 1,550mm. Welcome to contact us for more details!
|Based Metal||Cold rolled steel|
|Coating Thickness||60-180g/m 2|
|Standard||AISI, ASTM, DIN, GB, JIS, BS|
|Surface Treatment||Chromated skinpassed / oiled/non-oiled /dry / Anti-finger printing|
|Applications||Mainly used in construction, automobiles, home appliances, hardware accessories, base metal, etc.|
|Package||Standard export package (waterproof paper inside and steel strips outside)|
Wanzhi Factory has two ZAM production lines. One has 3 hot-dip galvanizing baths to make pure zinc steel (GI) and ZAM steel. The thickness covers from 0.4mm to 2.5mm and the width varies from 1,000mm to 1,500mm. The products are suitable for home appliance panels and automotive boards. While the other one has 2 hot-dip galvanizing baths to produce aluminium zinc steel (GL) and ZAM steel. Its thickness is from 0.3mm to 2.0mm and the width is from 600mm to 1,550mm. The products are mainly used as the substrate of color-coated steel and building materials.
SuperDyma steel is actually zinc-aluminium-magnesium coated steel. Manufactured from a hot-dip continuous process, these Zn, Al, Mg, Si, and other elements will be fused and solidified at high temperatures, thus forming a dense protective barrier on the cold rolled steel surface. This processing makes ZAM steel effectively prevent the penetration of corrosion factors and prolong its lifespan.
According to the different aluminium content, it can be divided into low, medium, and high Super Dyma steel. Let’s have a review of them below.
Low Syper Dyma Steel: Al 1% – 3.5%. It is to add a small amount of aluminium, magnesium, and other elements to a hot-dip pure zinc-coated steel. Therefore, it can be said an upgraded product of HDG steel products.
Medium Super Dyma Steel: Al 5% – 11%.
High Super Dyma Steel: Al 55%. It is formed by adding certain Al, Mn, and other elements to the hot dipped galvalume steel. Similarly, it is identified as an upgraded product of hot-dip galvalume products. Usually, this type is also referred to as “AZM” steel.
Compared with galvanized and galvalume steel, SuperDyma steel has superior corrosion resistance due to the addition of Zn, Al, Mg, and Si elements. As data shows, its anti-rust performance is 10-20 times that of galvanized sheet. Besides, the coating has high hardness, which offers better damage resistance. And because of its superior corrosion resistance, it can be used instead of stainless steel or aluminium in some fields. While it is 40% cheaper than stainless steel.
Since silicon is a kind of promoting element, plus with the fluidity of magnesium ions, a new protective film will be formed on the fracture. Thus, the aluminium-zinc-magnesium coated steel has an excellent self-healing effect on the cut edge.
Due to its lower density, the Al-Zn-Mg steel is more than 3% larger than that of galvanized steel sheet under the condition of the same weight and same coating thickness. In other words, its weight is equivalent to that of Al-Zn steel. This property also makes it easy to install and handle. You can do it by riveting, welding, glueing, etc.
Due to its excellent wear and scratch resistance, it can be adapted to various processing like drawing, stamping, bending, painting, welding, etc.
SuperDyma product often has a smooth, spangled, and low gloss finish. What’s more, its spangles are smaller and more uniform than that of galvanised steel.
SuperDyma usually combines high strength with great durability. Its service life is more than 30 years at least.
At Wanzhi Steel, we offer a wide range of ZAM steel products to choose from, which are available in different thicknesses, widths, coating thicknesses, shapes, etc. Welcome to contact us for more details!
As a new type of multifunctional building material, SuperDyma steel product is widely involved in construction, agriculture, electronic appliances, automobiles, energy, marine, pipe gallery, and other areas. Below are more details for your reference.
1. Construction uses: roofing and wall for houses, water fender, perforated plate, soundproof wall, doors, shells, ceiling, floor lining, etc.
2. Electronic appliances: refrigerator, washer, shower, dust collector, container, traffic signals, power supply casing, etc.
3. Energy: photothermal, photovoltaic power station engineering, solar module bracket field photovoltaic, etc.
4. Agriculture: greenhouse, agricultural feeding equipment, etc.
5. Automobiles: car motor/shell, spare parts, oil/water box, wiper rod, tank heat shield, etc.
6. Pipe Gallery: underground/urban pipe gallery, pipeline, high and low voltage cables, cable tray, etc.
7. Marine: can be applied in coastal or other areas with high humidity, high polluted alkaline, or serious environmental pollution.
8. Public Uses: like containers, road protection, chimney, shells of doors and board, kitchen utensils, photovoltaic scaffolds, storage equipment, the substrate of PPGI steel, etc.
Actually, there are a lot of distinctions between GI and ZAM steel. Let’s discuss them now depending on the following different aspects.
Galvanized steel is coated with a pure zinc layer. While the coating of SuperDyma steel contains zinc, 11% aluminium, 3% magnesium and trace amounts of silicon.
Both can be produced in a hot-dip continuous process. But beyond that, the GI steel can be fabricated by electroplating at normal temperature.
SuperDyma has better corrosion resistance than galvanized and galvalume steel. According to the statistics, it is about 10-20 times more than GI and 5-8 times more than GL.
To some extent, their applications are very similar. But SuperDyma material is more suitable for corrosive environments, such as livestock sheds, the outer panel and bracket of the air conditioner, seaside construction uses, etc.
The pure zinc coating on the GI surface usually makes it unusable for cutting, welding, and bending as it may damage the Zn layer if does. On the contrary, the SuperDyma has better mechanical properties when compared to GI, which can be seen in the following three ways:
1. Good wear resistance. The coating layer of SuperDyma is harder so that it has good durability for wear and scratch. It is conducive to reducing the coating wear and pressing.
2. Good self-renewal ability. Once cut, the SuperDyma will repair itself by forming the Alkaline zinc salts on the damaged cut edge to protect the base metal.
3. Good weldability. The addition of Mn can reduce the spatter near the weld during the laser welding process and improve the welding performance largely.
SuperDyma material is a bit costlier than zinc-coated iron. Generally, the price of ZAM steel is somewhere between galvanised steel and Stainless steel.
SuperDyma steel is a versatile material with high corrosion resistance, great processing performance and competitive price. It is popular in civil construction, agricultural uses, railway and road, electric power communication, automobile, industrial plants and other industries. For buying high-quality steel material, you can trust Wanzhi Steel. As a professional steel material and end-product manufacturer in China, we can offer:
1. Free samples of steel products (A4 size);
2. A wide variety of quality steel products with different materials, specifications, colors, finishes, etc.
3. Abundant stock and prompt delivery;
4. Excellent customer service with multilingual teams; you can ask for an online or on-site factory tour;
5. A competitive price from the factory and discounts for bulk-buy orders.
6. Quality guarantee. We accept third-party quality inspections, such as SGS, CE, etc.
If you have any questions, please free feel to contact us by email, phone, WhatsApp or the contact form below. We will get back to you in 12 hours.